Industrial Electrician job description template
This Industrial Electrician job description template includes the list of most important Industrial Electrician 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Industrial Electrician job profile
Industrial Electrician is a skilled tradesperson who installs, maintains, and repairs electrical systems and equipment in industrial settings. They work with a variety of tools and equipment to diagnose and fix electrical problems. Industrial Electricians must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics to determine the layout of electrical systems. They also need to have a thorough understanding of electrical codes and safety regulations. Industrial Electricians may work independently or as part of a team, and they may be required to work in confined spaces or at heights. This is a physically demanding job that requires good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. In order to attract the best Industrial Electrician candidates, it is important to write a clear and detailed job description that outlines the specific skills and qualifications required for the position.
Industrial Electrician job description
We are looking for a skilled Industrial Electrician who will be responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining electrical systems in industrial settings. In this role, you will be expected to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical problems, as well as read and interpret blueprints and schematics. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring that all electrical work is done in compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
Industrial Electrician duties and responsibilities
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems and equipment in industrial settings.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems and diagnose issues with electrical systems and equipment.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, blueprints, and diagrams to install and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
- Install and maintain electrical control systems for industrial machinery and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Collaborate with other tradespeople, such as engineers, mechanics, and technicians, to complete projects and repairs.
- Provide training and guidance to apprentices and other junior electricians.
- Keep accurate records of electrical work performed and maintain inventory of electrical equipment and supplies.
Industrial Electrician requirements and qualifications
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Experience with electrical systems, wiring, and equipment
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations related to electrical work
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical ability to work in confined spaces and at heights
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent training and experience
- Licensing and certification as an electrician
- Experience working in industrial settings such as factories, plants, or warehouses
- Knowledge of PLC programming and control systems is a plus
- Ability to use hand and power tools safely and effectively
- Willingness to keep up with industry developments and advancements