Purchasing Manager job profile
Purchasing Manager is a supply chain and logistics professional specialized in ensuring cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
In order to attract Purchasing Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Purchasing Manager job description.
Purchasing Manager job description
Are you an aspiring Purchasing Manager looking for an opportunity to advance your skills and your career?
If you are a natural leader with a commercial mindset able to negotiate effectively while maintaining mutually beneficial relationships and serve as an example for your team, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an ambitious Purchasing Manager to take the lead of our purchasing dream team and be responsible for the full spectrum of purchasing process including supplier selection and management, price negotiation, purchase order execution, timely delivery, stock optimization, etc.
Purchasing Manager duties and responsibilities
- Design, plan and implement sourcing and purchasing strategies
- Work with suppliers, manufacturers and internal departments
- Maintain a database of approved suppliers
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Negotiate lower pricing
- Search and source potential suppliers and vendors
- Track, measure and analyze company expenditures
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring and training of new staff
- Determine and track KPIs
- Provide reports for upper management
- Adhere to laws, rules and regulations
Purchasing Manager requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience in a Purchasing Management for [X] year(s)
- MA in Business Administration, Logistics, or similar relevant field
- Hands on experience in budgeting and purchasing management
- Superb communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Use this Purchasing Manager job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Unity or Unity3D Developer
- Digital Project Manager
- .Net developer
- Order Picker
- Payroll Specialist
- Social Media Strategist
- Account Executive
- Job Coach
- Clinical Director
- IT Manager
- Node.js Developer
- Brand Manager
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Marketing Strategist
- Paid Marketing Manager
- Benefits Administrator
- Outreach and Partnerships Manager
- Fraud Investigator
- Channel Marketing Manager
- Receiving Clerk
- Sales Training Specialist
Recruitment Marketing Tips: 11 Recruitment Content Ideas
Culture & People
How to Motivate High Performing Employees?
Recruitment Content for Every Step of Candidate Journey
Candidate Journey Mapping: Step-by-Step Guide