Welder job profile
Welders usually have a background in residential fittings and welds, from light fixtures to duct work. They can work on-site as well as in-house to complete jobs for customers on time and on budget.
In order to attract Welder that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Welder job description.
Welder job description
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Welder to join our team! As our Welder, you will be responsible for cutting and joining metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will be working wit the latest technology and equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
Welder duties and responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Take and read measurements
- Always follow specifications and instructions for maximum efficiency
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Repair machinery
- Plan layouts and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or machinery to be used
- Set up components for welding
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Report damages on machines and equipment
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Welder requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as welder or similar role
- X years of experience using a variety of welding equipment, machinery and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- X years of experience in using electrical or manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Good knowledge of and adherence with safety standards
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Use this Welder job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards