Release Engineer job description template
This Release Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Release Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Release Engineer job profile
Release Engineers are usually responsible for the end-to-end release engineering processes for various company's components and open source ecosystem.
In order to attract Release Engineer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Release Engineer job description.
Release Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Release Engineer to jin our team. As a Release Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring products can effortlessly be delivered to users and customers using different distribution mechanism and methods.
Release Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop code that glues together various applications in our build pipeline
- Engineer and release new solutions
- Maintain and monitor software builds
- Support globally distributed teams
- Perform user administration, troubleshooting, and trouble ticket administration
Release Engineer requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years experience
- X years of experience as a Release Engineer
- X years of experience in command line environment (Bash)
- X years of experience with or on Linux or Unix based OS systems using common UNIX/Linux tools (ssh, tar, sed, grep, awk, vi, emacs, cron, etc...)
- X years of experience with Python or similar languages
- X years of experience managing and maintaining Linux servers
- X years of experience with build systems
- X years of experience with Source Control Management systems