Materials Manager job profile
Materials Manager is a person is responsible for the planning and procurement of materials, material and information flow, and the management and control of inventory in achieving the business objectives.
In order to attract Materials Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Materials Manager job description.
Materials Manager job description
Are you an experienced Materials Manager looking for an opportunity to advance your career and take on a new challenge?
If you are passionate about materials management, highly responsible and driven to always improve and implement industry's best practices in everything you do, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an experienced Materials Manager who will be responsible for efficiently coordinating the inbound and outbound movement of materials, goods and supplies based on customer needs, inventory targets and production schedules.
Materials Manager duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
- Develop and execute inventory cycle count process to assure high inventory accuracies
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Ensure prompt and accurate updating of the computer systems
- Prepare reports on inventory, material usage and efficiency
- Resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at multiple levels
Materials Manager requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Materials Manager for (x) year(s)
- BSc/BA in logistics or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of supply chain and inventory management systems
- Hands on experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinking with problem solving aptitude
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
Use this Materials Manager job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Construction Estimator
- Interaction Designer
- Accounting Clerk
- Audio Engineer
- Political Analyst
- Truck Driver
- Community Manager
- CoffeeScript Developer
- Sales Representative
- Billing Clerk
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Human Resource Director
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist (SEO/SEM)
- Visual Merchandiser
- Insurance Agent
- CakePHP Developer
- Social Media Strategist
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Facilities Manager
- Collection Specialist
- Chief Financial Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Warehouse Supervisor
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!