Maintenance Technician job description template
This Maintenance Technician job description template includes the list of most important Maintenance Technician 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Maintenance Technician job profile
Maintenance Technician is a person who provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned facilities.
In order to attract Maintenance Technician that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Maintenance Technician job description.
Maintenance Technician job description
Are you an experienced Maintenance Technician looking for an opportunity to advance your carrer and join a great technican team?
If you are a dedicated team player and problem solver with strong work ethic , we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a thorough Maintenance Technician who will take responsibility for completing work orders and other required tasks in order to upkeep good condition and functionality of premises.
Maintenance Technician duties and responsibilities
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain and repair plumbing and heating components
- Prepare, prime, and paint building interior and exterior surfaces
- Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers.
- Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts and other building systems
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Complie with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Document work performance and materials procurement as directed
Maintenance Technician qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Maintenance Technician for (x) year(s)
- High school diploma
- Any additional relevant certification will be considered an advantage (HVAC, CMRP etc.)
- Advanced understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- In depth knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Applicable knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Problem solving aptitude
- Good physical condition