News Producer job profile
News Producer is a media and public relations professional specialized in producing newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
In order to attract News Producer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise News Producer job description.
News Producer job description
Are you an experienced News Producer looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are passionate and knowledgeable about journalism and storytelling an able to successfully operate in a fast-paced changing environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an experienced News Producer to gather and select news content, write and copy edits stories, assemble the stories into a rundown, and create graphics and visuals to complement the presentation of material for on-air broadcast and digital platforms.
News Producer duties and responsibilities
- Monitor news feeds, including searching social media and engaging with reporters, to gather and evaluate relevant news and information
- Gather information, stories and pieces from team members throughout the day
- Collaborate with news director to select and prioritize content
- Add stories and elements that will make the broadcast more attractive
- Select footage and sound bites to include in broadcast to ensure consistency
- Liaise with the production team to keep technical standards high
- Communicate with the studio crew and anchors while on-air
- Coordinate with and support management and all production staff to maintain editorial standards for newsgathering and coverage on broadcast and cable platforms.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of on-air content
- Produce breaking news reports
- Coordinate with creative department to develop promotion strategies for upcoming newscasts
- Perform research on local, national and international affairs to stay updated with current events
News Producer requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a News Producer for (x) year(s)
- BSc in journalism, public relations, communications or similar relevant field
- Hands on experience with digital technology
- In-depth understanding of the production process
- Applicable knowledge of camera operation, sound systems and music editing
- Ability to proofread and edit pieces
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and networking skills
- Attention to details
Use this News Producer job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Construction Expediter
- Marketing Manager
- Lead Nurturing Specialist
- Property Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Data Coordinator
- Release Engineer
- File Clerk
- Facilities Manager
- General Practitioner
- Home Health Aide
- Ember.js Developer
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Payroll Specialist
- Human Resource Manager
- Quality Manager
- Telesales Representative
- Branch Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Application Developer
- Data Entry Clerk
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?