Academic Advisor job description template
This Academic Advisor job description template includes the list of most important Academic Advisor 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Academic Advisor job profile
Academic Advisor is a professional who provides academic guidance and support to students. Academic Advisors assist students in course selection, academic planning, and career development. They also help students navigate academic policies and procedures. This is a mid-level position. Academic Advisors work closely with faculty and other academic support staff to ensure that students have a positive academic experience. In order to attract the best Academic Advisor that matches your needs, it is important to write a clear and precise job description that highlights the responsibilities and expectations of the role.
Academic Advisor job description
We are looking for a dedicated Academic Advisor who will be responsible for guiding and advising students in their academic pursuits. In this role, you will assist students in course selection, provide academic support, and help them develop educational plans that align with their career goals. You will also collaborate with faculty and staff to identify and address student needs and concerns.
Academic Advisor duties and responsibilities
- Provide academic guidance and support to students in the form of counseling, advising, and coaching.
- Assist students in selecting courses and creating academic plans that align with their goals and interests.
- Monitor student progress and academic performance, and provide support and resources to help them improve.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure students have access to necessary resources and support services.
- Stay up-to-date on academic policies, procedures, and requirements, and communicate changes to students as needed.
- Assist with registration, course scheduling, and other administrative tasks related to academic advising.
- Participate in orientation programs and other events to introduce students to academic advising services.
- Maintain accurate records of student interactions and progress, and generate reports as needed.
- Provide referrals to other campus resources as necessary, such as tutoring, career counseling, and mental health services.
Academic Advisor requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in education, counseling, or related field
- Experience in academic advising or counseling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of academic policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Master's degree in education, counseling, or related field
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with student retention and success initiatives
- Experience with advising diverse student populations
- Knowledge of career development and job search strategies
- Ability to analyze data and use it to inform decision-making