Pedodontist job description template
This Pedodontist job description template includes the list of most important Pedodontist's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Pedodontist job profile
Pedodontist is a healthcare professional specialized in providing childhood dental health and care to young patients' (infants, children and adolescents).
In order to attract Pedodontist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Pedodontist job description.
Pedodontist job description
Are you a qualified registered Pedodontist looking for an opportunity to advance your career, skills and care of your young patients?
If you are a compassionate individual with friendly personality always ready to go an extra mile to ensure your young patients' comfort and well being, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled Pedodontist to join our dynamic dream team of healthcare professional and provide the highest quality care by making critical decisions in leading on clinical issues within a chil-centered dental care model.
Pedodontist duties and responsibilities
- Conduct regular thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their dental health and normal physical development
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and individual medical history
- Fabricate space maintainers designed for patients
- Treat primary and secondary teeth and constructs and places bridges, dentures, and obturating appliances suitable for growing arches
- Take dental impressions and administer preparation of crowns and/or implants
- Take X-Rays of impacted teeth and determine their condition and appropriate treatment
- Diagnose and treat diseases of the teeth and gums
- Counsel and advises patients and family on growth and development dental problems of patient
- Instructs patient and family members on dental care
- Provides preventive services through use of fluorides and sealants
- Recommend regular hygiene appointments for re-occurring patients
- Respond to dental emergencies
- Regularly update patients’ medical records after each visit
- Keep abreast of advancements in dental pediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences
Pedodontist requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Pedodontist for (x) year(s)
- A Medical Degree from an accredited university and licensing in the appropriate State
- Board of Orthodontists Certification
- In depth knowledge of procedures for working with the families of patients under the age of 18
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Compassionate and friendly personality
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task