IT Manager job description template
This IT manager job description template includes the list of most important IT manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
IT Manager job profile
IT Manager is a senior IT professional in charge of the company's technology strategy and resposible for advancing it. IT Manager usually also coordinates and leads a team of IT experts/ITdepartment.
In order to attract IT Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise IT Manager job description.
IT Manager job description
Are you an experienced IT Manager looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
We are looking for an IT manager to ensure the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
Our ideal candidate will have advanced technical knowledge and keen interest in adapting and implementing industry’s best practice processes.
IT Manager duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise IT staff members
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness for the IT department
- Manages and coordinates all IT-related matters including data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software
- Trouble-shoots and solves problems related to hardware, software, and network problems
- Researches and recommends acquisition of network hardware and software
- Monitors network utilization and performance, implements procedures for network optimization, reliability, and availability
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Build long term relationships with outside vendors for IT related products and services
IT Manager requirements
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Analytical mind and research orientation
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Project and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, intepersonal and leadership skills
- Previous experience as an IT manager for (x) year(s)
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification will be an asset