Category Manager job profile
Category Manage's job may vary depending on the industry. However, this role is mainly related to the retail industry.
Category Managers in the retail industry are generally responsible for sales optimization of a particular group of products.
Category Managers are usually involved in vendor management, pricing, marketing and inventory fields as well.
In order to attract Category Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Category Manager job description.
Category Manager job description
We are looking for a Category Manager to join our team! As a Category Manager at our company, you will be responsible for managinf an assigned group of products.
You will be the one responsible for procing, branding and promotion ofthat product group with the goal to optimize sales.
Building strong relationships with all the vendors is extremely important for this role. Relationships with vendors, commercial mindset as well as understanding consumers' wants and needs and will also be part of your duties.
Category Manager duties and responsibilities
- Research and analyze data and market insights
- Search for insights into consumer needs and wants
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors
- Place appropriate orders
- Ensure product availability
- Strategize positioning of a product category in order to maximize its visibility
- Collaborate with the marketing team
- Research competitors and suggest appropriate pricing and promotional activities
- Work with customers and merchandisers and find new ways of expanding product categories
- Calculate forecasts for product demand trends
- Manage and track budget
Category Manager requirements
- Previous working experience as category manager for (x) years
- Expertise in category management
- In-depth knowledge of marketing and sales operations and processes
- Hands on experience with analyzing big data and making forecasts
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- BA in business administration, marketing or similar relevant field
Use this Category Manager job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards