➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Senior Accountant job description template
This Senior Accountant job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
In order to attract Senior Accountant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Senior Accountant description.
Senior Accountant job profile
Senior Accountants are responsible for analyzing past transactions and present valuable information about the company's performance. They can also give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
This might involve financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, or accounting systems and processes.
Senior Accountant job description: Intro
Senior Accountant job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to join our team. As an Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing our past transactions and present valuable information about our company's performance. In this position, you will also be expected give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
Senior Accountant duties and responsibilities
Senior Accountant job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage accounting tasks
- Manage and analyze budget and create financial forecasts
- Publicize financial statements in accordance with the planned time schedule
- Gather, track, analyze and present summarized accounting information
- Calculate taxes and tax returns
- Prepare balance sheets and write profit and loss statements
- Create and present detailed reports for upper management
- Audit financial transactions
- Make sure that confidential information is secure
- Keep abreast with financial laws, rules and regulations and internal policies
Senior Accountant requirements and qualifications
Senior Accountant job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as an Accountant or similar role
- BA in Accounting or similar relevant field
- Hands on experience with accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Looking for more job descriptions beside Senior Accountant job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Senior Accountant job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Volunteer Coordinator
- HR Administrative Assistant
- Security Guard
- General Counsel
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Central Marketing Delivery Representative
- Human Resource Director
- Dental Assistant
- Project Manager
- Release Engineer
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Visual Merchandiser
- Marketing Strategist
- Project Coordinator
- Insurance Agent
- Public Relations Manager (PR Manager)
- Staffing Coordinator
- Technical Trainer
- Executive Secretary
- Digital Project Manager
- Vice President (VP) of Product Marketing
- SQL Developer
Getting Executive Buy-in for Recruitment Software in 2019
Hiring Developers: Lessons From 112,000+ Coding Tests
Culture & People
How to Give Negative Feedback to Employees: 10 Best Techniques
11-Steps Recruitment Marketing Action Plan