Senior Accountant job description template
This Senior Accountant job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
In order to attract Senior Accountant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Senior Accountant description.
Senior Accountant job profile
Senior Accountants are responsible for analyzing past transactions and present valuable information about the company's performance. They can also give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
This might involve financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, or accounting systems and processes.
Senior Accountant job description: Intro
Senior Accountant job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to join our team. As an Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing our past transactions and present valuable information about our company's performance. In this position, you will also be expected give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
Senior Accountant duties and responsibilities
Senior Accountant job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage accounting tasks
- Manage and analyze budget and create financial forecasts
- Publicize financial statements in accordance with the planned time schedule
- Gather, track, analyze and present summarized accounting information
- Calculate taxes and tax returns
- Prepare balance sheets and write profit and loss statements
- Create and present detailed reports for upper management
- Audit financial transactions
- Make sure that confidential information is secure
- Keep abreast with financial laws, rules and regulations and internal policies
Senior Accountant requirements and qualifications
Senior Accountant job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as an Accountant or similar role
- BA in Accounting or similar relevant field
- Hands on experience with accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Looking for more job descriptions beside Senior Accountant job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Senior Accountant job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Java Developer
- Corporate Travel Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Director of Operations
- Software Engineer
- Leasing Consultant
- Data Entry Operator
- Line Cook
- SEO Developer
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Property Manager
- Process Engineer
- Assistant Game Producer
- Claims Examiner
- Public Relations (PR) Executive
- Validation Engineer
- Head Chef
- Collection Specialist
- Swift Developer
- Occupational Therapist
- Retail Manager
- HR Consultant
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People
How Can Blind Hiring Improve Workforce Diversity?