Area Manager job description template
This Area Manager job description template includes the list of most important Area manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Area Manager job profile
Area Managers are usually responsible for operations of stores in an allocated area. They are also responsible for staff, and they work closely with other senior and department managers.
In order to attract Area Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Area Manager job description.
Area Manager job description
We are looking for an ambitious Area Manager to join our team! As an Area Manager, you will take on full responsibility for operations of our stores in an allocated area.
You will also be responsible for our staff, so we expect you to be a hard worker who will lead by example.
Area Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan, implement and monitor regional operational strategy
- Set goals and objectives for stores in your area
- Oversee operations to ensure efficiency
- Recruit and hire new store employee
- Train and onboard new employees
- Set up and monitor store KPIs
- Ensure compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines
- Deal with customers' complains
- Identify operational bottlenecks and suggest solutions for improvement
- Create reports for upper management
Area Manager requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Area Manager or similar role
- X years of experience as a leader or supervisor
- Good understanding of performance evaluation metrics
- X years of experience with store operations management
- Hands on experience with ERP software
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in business administration, retail management or similar relevant field