Medical Secretary job description template
This Medical Secretary job description template includes the list of most important Medical Secretary's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
Medical Secretary job profile
Medical Secretary is someone who handles administrative tasks at a hospital or clinic.
In order to attract a Medical Secretary that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Medical Secretary job description.
Medical Secretary job description
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Medical Secretary to join our team! As a Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for assisting our medical staff with administrative duties and also helping our patients in order they get the best care possible.
Medical Secretary duties and responsibilities
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Welcoming and assisting patients
- Keeping track of staff schedules
- Scheduling medical appointments
- Maintaining patient database
- Processing payments
- Processing insurance claims
- Preparing medical reports
- Maintaining medical records
- Maintaining a tidy office space
Medical Secretary requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Minimum of X years of experience as a Medical Secretary
- Knowledge of medical procedures and regulations
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed work and confidentiality ethic
- Ability to work independently
Looking for more job description templates?
Check out our job description templates library!