Fashion Editor job description template
This Fashion Editor job description template includes the list of most important Fashion Editor's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Fashion Editor job profile
Fashion Editors are generally responsible for supervising the overall process of creating, planning, developing, managing and presenting content for fashion-specific magazines, photo shoots, websites, newspaper sections, or television shows.
In order to attract Fashion Editors that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Fashion Editor job description.
Fashion Editor job description
We are looking for an experienced, talented and creative Fashion Editor to join our team. As our Fashion Editor, you will supervise the overall process of creating, planning, developing, managing and presenting content for our high fashion magazine. You must be able to inspire and lead our team by an example of impeccable work and style!
Fashion Editor duties and responsibilities
- Create storylines ad produce innovative story ideas
- Coordinate and communicate with photographers, models, makeup artists and costume designers
- Choose photo-shot locations
- Supervise and manage the magazine layout sketch
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of journalists, fashion experts, writers and other team members
- Keep abreast of latest fashion trends
- Research competitors and best practices
- Attend fashion shows
- Build relationships with designers and industry professionals
- Regularly visit retail shops
- Suggest new fashion products and ideas
- Present company and engage in networking activities via on social media
- Manage expenditures and keep budget in check
- Coordinate and supervise different projects
Fashion Editor requirements and qualifications
- X years of work experience as a fashion editor or similar role
- Excellent portfolio
- Hands-on experience with software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- MA in journalism, fashion design or similar relevant field