Construction Estimator job description template
This Construction Estimator job description template includes the list of most important Construction Estimator 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Construction Estimator job profile
Construction Estimators are generally responsible for estimating work of particular projects. They estimate work by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
In addition, they estimate labor, material, and time requirements in order to be able to compute the overall cost of the project.
In order to attract Construction Estimator that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Construction Estimator job description.
Construction Estimator job description
We are looking for a hardworking Construction Estimator to join our team! As a Construction Estimator, your main responsibility will be to estimate work of particular projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Construction Estimator duties and responsibilities
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Select, measure and track important metrics
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues necessary to do the estimate
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities
- Create and present reports to upper management
- Analyze and evaluate offers
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors
Construction Estimator requirements
- Previous working experience as construction estimator for (x) years
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- Familiarity with computer programs such as like Timberline or HCSS HeavyBid
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BA in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field