Waiter or Waitress job profile
Waiters or Waitresses are responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests. They play an important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
In order to attract Waiter or Waitress that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Waiter or Waitress job description.
Waiter or Waitress job description
We are looking for a skilled and friendly waiter/waitress to join our team! This position play a big role for creating and providing best customer experience and satisfaction.
Your ultimate goal should be to provide an exceptional guest experience.
Waiter or Waitress duties and responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer services
- Always strive towards best customer satisfaction
- Greet customers and present menus
- Make suggestions based on their preferences
- Take and serve food/drinks orders
- Up-sell when appropriate
- Arrange table settings
- Keep tables clean and tidy at all times
- Check products for quality
- Deliver checks and collect payments
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Adhere to all relevant health department rules/regulations and all customer service guidelines
Waiter or Waitress requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a waiter or waitress
- Experience with developing constructive working and interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- X years of experience with cash register and any ordering information system
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma; food safety training will be considered a plus
Use this Waiter or Waitress job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- UX Research Specialist
- Case Manager
- SQL Developer
- Interior Designer
- AngularJS Developer
- Product Owner
- Production Assistant
- SEO Manager
- Technical Support Engineer
- Director of Marketing Analytics
- Process Engineer
- Nursing Supervisor
- Branch Manager
- Account Assistant
- Front-end Drupal Developer
- Front Office Manager
- Lab Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- HR Administrative Assistant
Culture & People
How to Motivate High Performing Employees?
Recruitment Content for Every Step of Candidate Journey
Candidate Journey Mapping: Step-by-Step Guide
Why Some Employee Referral Programs Fail?