Casting Director job profile
Casting Directors are usually responsible for organizing and facilitating the casting of actors. The work closely with the director and producer to understand their requirements.
In order to attract Casting Director that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Casting Director job description.
Casting Director job description
We are looking for a creative and hardworking Casting Director to join our team! As a Casting Director, you will organize castings and chose actors for our film.
Your position will be extremely important for the final success of our movie. You will have all the creative freedom but we expect you to work hard and lead our team by example.
Casting Director duties and responsibilities
- Examine script in order to understand the story line and all needed roles
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of actors, directors and producers to determine a role’s requirements
- Manage expenditures and keep casting budget in check
- Collaborate with accounting team to set up the budgets
- Engage in sourcing activities to find suitable candidates
- Review resumes and contact actors that match the needs
- Organize and coordinate auditions and readings
- Conduct interview with candidates and test their suitability for the part
- Negotiate actor’s fees
- Supervise and oversee crew members
Casting Director qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as casting director for (x) years
- In-depth knowledge of the acting industry
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and trends
- Excellent organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A team player and a great team leader
- BA in film, arts or similar relevant field
Use this Casting Director job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Vice President (VP) of Product Marketing
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Support Specialist
- Technical Writer
- Call Center Supervisor
- Database Developer
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Construction Foreman
- Food Expeditor
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Compliance Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Sales Engineer
- Quality Inspector
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Public Relations Assistant
- Product Owner
- Conversion Optimization Specialist
- Benefits Administrator
- Travel Consultant
- Makeup Artist
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!