Supply Chain Manager job description template
This Supply Chain Manager job description template includes the list of most important Supply Chain Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Don't forget to download our new Guide for Recruiting retail Professionals!
Supply Chain Manager job profile
Supply Chain Managers are responsible for overseeing and managing company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, they play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
In order to attract Supply Chain Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Supply Chain Manager job description.
Supply Chain Manager job description
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Manager to join our team. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy and in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Supply Chain Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Suggest solutions for process improvements
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Train and evaluate others
- Provide constructive feedback
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors
Supply Chain Manager requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Supply Chain Manager for (x) years
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc.)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field