Purchasing Agent job profile
Purchasing Agent is a supply chain and logistics professional specialized in performing intermediate professional work procuring a variety of services, supplies, materials and equipment.
In order to attract Purchasing Agent that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Purchasing Agent job description.
Purchasing Agent job description
Are you an aspiring Purchasing Agent looking for an opportunity to advance your skills and your career?
If you are a person with a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset able to negotiate effectively while maintaining mutually beneficial relationships, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an ambitious Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for our business.
Purchasing Agent duties and responsibilities
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance with terms of contracts
- Analyze and resolve purchasing issues/discrepancies
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Report KPI (Key Performance Indicator) data as requested by Purchasing Director to assess, analyze and track vendor performance
- Participate in cost reduction activities, observe and report price increases
- Research a variety of sources, documents, etc. to ensure adequacy of specification in terms of clarity, precision, and related criteria
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends
- Build and develop long-term relationships with local suppliers
Purchasing Agent requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Purchasing Agent for (x) year(s)
- MSc/MA in business administration or similar relevant field
- Applicable knowledge of negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- In-depth knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Hands on experience with purchasing software (e.g. SpendMap)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Use this Purchasing Agent job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps