Firefighter job description template
This Firefighter job description template includes the list of most important Firefighter's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Firefighter job profile
Generally, Firefighters are responsible for protecting citizens during emergencies caused by fire. The do so by extinguishing fires, executing rescues and mitigating chemical spills.
In order to attract Firefighters that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Firefighter job description.
Firefighter job description
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Firefighter to join our team! As a Firefigther, you will be responsible for suppressing fires and attending accidents and emergencies. The job of a Firefighter is extremely challenging. However, as your main goal is to save people and property, it can be very rewarding as well.
Firefighter duties and responsibilities
- Notice and respond to fire alarms in a timely manner
- Use all the firefighting and rescuing equipment and machinery
- Take care of personal equipment and keep it ready for use
- Always be ready to provide emergency medical services
- Clean up fire sites by removing burned materials
- Write accurate emergency and accident
- Participate in fire drills and keep improving your skills
- Perform public educational programs
Firefighter requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Firefighter for (x) years
- Hands on experience with firefighting equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of first aid methods and best practices
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity
- Patient and cool tempered
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in fire science or similar relevant field
- Training in emergency medical interventions