General Manager job description template
This General Manager job description template includes the list of most important General Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Before we dig deeper into the General Manager job description, don't forget to download our new Guide for Recruiting C-level Executives!
General Manager job profile
General Manager is an executive who has overall responsibility for all administrative functions in company's business. General Managers set policies, operations, create and maintain budgets. This is a senior position. General Manager coordinates employees and supervises lower-level managers.
In order to attract General Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise General Manager job description.
General Manager job description
We are looking for an ambitious General Manager who will take overall responsibility for all administrative functions in our company. In this position, you will set policies, operations, create and maintain budgets. You will also be expected to coordinate employees and supervise and lead lower-level managers by example.
General Manager duties and responsibilities
- Take full profit & loss responsibility
- Coordinate employees and supervise and lead lower-level managers
- Perform market research and complex analysis of possible opportunities
- Provide suggestions for business growth
- Suggest ideas for increasing revenue
- Suggest improvements for employee engagement
- Create, review and implement effective business plans
- Attend meetings, trainings, seminars and conferences
General Manager requirements
- Previous working experience as a General Manager for (x) years
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- A proven track record of successfully leading and motivating diverse teams
- Multitasker and critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- MA in Business Administration or similar relevant field