SQL Developer job description template
This SQL Developer job description template includes the list of most important SQL Developer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
SQL Developer job profile
SQL Developers are responsible for developing SQL databases and writing applications to interface with SQL databases. Development often consists of designing tables, storing procedures, views and functions.
In order to attract SQL Developer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise SQL Developer job description.
SQL Developer job description
We are looking for a SQL developer to develop MS-SQL queries and procedures, create custom reports, and modify ERP user forms to enhance organizational productivity.
You will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability and performance.
SQL Developer duties and responsibilities
- Development of high quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Research required data
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Suggest new queries
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Investigate exceptions with regard to asset movements
SQL Developer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a SQL Developer or similar role
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- X years of experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- X years of experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services
- Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL\NewSQL databases
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills