Receptionist job description
This Receptionist job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
In order to attract Receptionists that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Receptionist job description.
Receptionist job profile
Receptionists are one of the most important roles in improving customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Often times they are the first contact with the customers and are responsible for making a good impression and improving reputation.
Some of their duties include answering customer questions, offering customer support, guiding and advising customers, keeping the front office clean and representative, following the agendas and scripts.
Receptionist job description: Intro
Every Receptionist job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for a pleasant and friendly Receptionist to join our team! As a Receptionist, you will be responsible for all receptionist and clerical duties at the front desk of our office.
As the front-line-employee, your role will be extremely important for improving customer experience and satisfaction. Your goal should always be to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and satisfied while in our office.
Receptionist duties and responsibilities
Receptionist job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Keep front desk clean, tidy and supplied with all the necessary supplies
- Greet, communicate with and welcome guests
- Answer all the customers' questions and address their complaints
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive letters, packages and send them to appropriate destination
- Prepare and manage outgoing mail
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Monitor office supplies
- Place supply orders when necessary
- Monitor and update records and files
- Monitor and log office expenses and costs
Receptionist requirements and qualifications
Receptionist job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as Front Desk Representative or similar role
- Knowledge of office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High School diploma
- Additional qualifications will be a plus
Use this Receptionist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Technical Support Engineer
- Home Health Aide
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Truck Driver
- Fraud Investigator
- Training Specialist
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Python Developer
- Product Manager
- Influencer Marketing Specialist
- Central Marketing Delivery Representative
- Dental Assistant
- Communications Specialist
- Vice President (VP) of Content
- Inbound Marketing Manager
- Receiving Clerk
- Project Engineer
- Job Coach
- Human Resource Manager
- Swift Developer
- Sales Associate
- HR Consultant
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!
Executive Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Executives