Linux Administrator job profile
Linux Administrator is a technical professionals who specializes in maintaining and developing Linux infrastructure technology.
In order to attract Linux Administrator that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Linux Administrator job description.
Linux Administrator job description
Are you an experienced Linux Administrator looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are able to maintain positive attitude even when everything goes wrong, if you are detail oriented and self motivated with a passion to learn and improve your skills and knowledge, we have a perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Linux Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure.
Linux Administrator duties and responsibilities
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Linux Administrator qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for (x) year(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree
- IN depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Use this Linux Administrator job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Retail Buyer
- Digital Marketing Director
- Real Estate Agent
- Software Security Engineer
- Mobile Developer
- Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
- Category Manager
- Loan Processor
- Recruitment Consultant
- Environmental Engineer
- Criminal Investigator
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- MongoDB Developer
- Claims Examiner
- HR Officer
- General Counsel
- Director of Nursing
- Clinical Director
- Vice President (VP) of Product Marketing
9 Reasons Why You Should Use Video in Recruitment
6 Tips for Creating a Perfect Recruitment Video
Pros and Cons of Using Recruitment Agencies
20 Mistakes to Avoid When Interviewing a Job Candidate