Linux Administrator job profile
Linux Administrator is a technical professionals who specializes in maintaining and developing Linux infrastructure technology.
In order to attract Linux Administrator that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Linux Administrator job description.
Linux Administrator job description
Are you an experienced Linux Administrator looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are able to maintain positive attitude even when everything goes wrong, if you are detail oriented and self motivated with a passion to learn and improve your skills and knowledge, we have a perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Linux Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure.
Linux Administrator duties and responsibilities
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Linux Administrator qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for (x) year(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree
- IN depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Use this Linux Administrator job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Pastry Chef
- Game Developer
- Influencer Marketing Specialist
- Warehouse Associate
- Materials Manager
- Customer Intelligence Manager
- Wait Staff
- Product Marketing Manager
- Fashion Editor
- Real Estate Broker
- Telesales Representative
- Litigation Paralegal
- Assistant Game Producer
- System Security Expert
- Director of Operations
- Network Technician
- Collection Specialist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Data Entry Clerk
- Back-end Developer
- Corporate Attorney
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!