Respiratory Therapist job profile
Respiratory Therapists are responsible for performing and administering respiratory therapy treatments by performing treatments such as bronchopulmonary drainage. They assist patients with with breathing exercises, monitor physiological responses to therapy and direct treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
In order to attract Respiratory Therapist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Respiratory Therapist job description.
Respiratory Therapist job description
We are looking for an experienced Respiratory Therapist to join our team. If you love helping patients and assisting with ther respiratory problems and diseases, we want to meet with you!
Respiratory Therapist duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring patient responses to various therapies
- Monitor vital signs or blood chemistry changes
- Consult with physicians if there are reactions
- Work as part of our healthcare team and collaborate with others regularly
- Prepare and control operating devices
- Provide emergency care, such as external cardiac massage, artificial respiration, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Inspect, test, clean, and maintain respiratory therapy equipment
- Maintain patient charts
- Adhere to healthcare laws, rules and regulations
- Order equipment repairs when necessary
- Explain treatments and procedures to patients
- Encourage patient engagement and collboration
Respiratory Therapist requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as Respiratory Therapist
- Completion of an accredited program for respiratory therapy
- Certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current RCP license in the state of X
- Current RN or LPN license in the state of X
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Use this Respiratory Therapist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Public Relations (PR) Executive
- Customer Marketing Manager
- Production Assistant
- Website Content Manager
- Marketing Strategist
- Customer Retention & Nurture Flow Specialists
- Public Relations Intern
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Staffing Coordinator
- Instructional Designer
- Marketing Intern
- Help Desk Manager
- Payroll Specialist
- Big Data Engineer
- Benefits Administrator
- Marketing Director
- Travel Agent
- System Security Expert
- DevOps Engineer
- Phyton Web Developer
- Branch Manager
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!