Head Chef job description
A Head Chef is a highly skilled professional cook who oversees the operations of a restaurant or dining facility. They are responsible for the food that comes out of a kitchen, from conception to execution.
In order to attract Head Chef that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Head Chef job description.
Head Chef job descriptionAre you a Head Chef looking for new job opportunities? We are looking for a ambitious, passionate and driven Head Chef. You will lead a team of food specialists and ensure that our food maintains the highest quality. We hope you are ready to bring in some new and delicious changes to our kitchen and delight our guests!
Head Chef duties and responsibilities
- Design menus that enhance customers’ culinary experience while keeping up high quality.
- Submit cost proposals for menu items.
- Provide feedback regarding the food quality of large bulk purchases.
- Ensure that all food preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Design standardized food presentation guidelines for each dish.
- Monitor inventory levels of commonly used items.
- Look for ways to reduce spoilage of infrequently used items.
- Hire, train, and mange staff about proper kitchen sanitization methods.
Head Chef requirements
- [X] year(s) experience as a Head Chef.
- Ability to track expenses and manage a budget.
- Licensure from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or other certifying agency.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Strong passion for the art of food design.
- Culinary Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language.
Use this Head Chef job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- System Security Engineer
- MEAN Stack Developer
- Marketing Strategist
- Management Accountant
- Content Marketing Manager
- Internal Auditor
- HR Generalist
- Key Account Manager
- Physician Assistant
- Public Relations Specialist
- Conversion Optimization Specialist
- Data Entry Clerk
- Procurement Manager
- Software Engineer
- Human Resource Manager
- Sales Support Specialist
- Quality Inspector
- Warehouse Manager
- Respiratory Therapist
- District Manager
- Social Worker