Sourcing Manager job description template
This Sourcing Manager job description template includes the list of most important Sourcing Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Sourcing Manager job profile
Sourcing Managers have an extremely important role as them manage and oversee service and product sourcing strategy. This position plays a crucial role in operations improvement, cost savings as well as total process efficiency and productivity.
In order to attract Sourcing Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Sourcing Manager job description.
Sourcing Manager job description
We’re looking for an ambitious and self-driven Sourcing Managers. As a Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for identifying necessary products and services to support daily operations. You will play a crucial role in company's operations as well as productivity.
Sourcing Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan and manage company's overall sourcing strategy
- Do often research to understand company's operations needs and requirements
- Build relationships with vendors and key suppliers
- Negotiate pricing and control costs
- Develop a yearly budget depending on sourcing needs
- Execute analyses and make suggestions for improvement of overall sourcing strategy
- Write sourcing documentation and statements
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and best practices
- Adhere to all relevant guidelines and regulations
Sourcing Manager requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Sourcing Manager for (x) years
- Hands on experience with sourcing software
- Outstanding negotiation abilities
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Any additional training or certificate will be considered an advantage
- MA in Business Administration, Logistics, or similar relevant field