Prep Cook job profile
Prep Cook is a professional cook whose job is to prepare all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes and techniques of the company.
In order to attract Prep Cook that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Prep Cook job description.
Prep Cook job description
Are you an aspiring Prep Cook with a passion for culinary adventures?
We are looking for a passionate Prep Cook to become a part of our small dream cuisine team. Our mission is to bring elaborate new (x) cuisine in a (x) setting in (x) city.
Join us and help deliver our delicious recipes and provide an extraordinary dining experience that keeps our guests coming back for more!
Prep Cook duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to prep list assigned by chefs
- Label and stock all cooking ingredients
- Prepare measured dosage of appropriate cooking ingredients and seasonings
- Arrange cooking ingredients and prepare them for cooking
- Wash and chop vegetables and meat
- Perform basic cooking tasks (reduce sauces, parboil food etc.)
- Arrange simple standard dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Keep kitchen area clean and tidy (wash dishes, sanitize kitchen surfaces, take out trash etc.)
- Ensure appropriate food and drink storage
- Adhere to all relevant nutrition, sanitary and safety rules and guidelines
- Maintain a positive and professional approach to coworkers and customers
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management staff
Prep Cook requirements and qualifications
- Previous experience working as a Prep Cook for (x) year(s)
- Culinary school diploma
- Basic food handling and preparation knowledge
- Familiarity with health and safety kitchen rules and regulations
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Team player
Use this Prep Cook job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Software Tester
- File Clerk
- Spa Therapist
- Area Manager
- WordPress Developer
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- National Account Manager
- Account Manager
- UX Research Specialist
- Go Developer
- Video Editor
- Staffing Coordinator
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Media & Analyst Relations Manager
- Game Animator
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Social Media Strategist
- UI-UX Designer
- Plastic Surgeon
- Certified Nursing Assistant
Mobile Recruitment: Smart Recruiting Through Smartphones
Recruitment Marketing and Talent CRM: Tools for Ambitious HR Teams
Culture & People
12 Most Popular Hard Work Quotes
Employee Verification Letters: Everything You Need to Know