Electrician job profile
Electricians can have different duties and responsibilities depending on the company and industry they work in. In general, they are responsible for installation of wiring systems (lighting, security, fire) and equipment. They must be experienced in reading architects drawings to be able to perform their work effectively.
In order to attract Electricians that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Electrician job description.
Electrician job description
We’re looking for an experienced and hard-working Electrician to join our team. As an Electrician in our company, you will be responsible for a range of tasks from maintenance and installation to evaluation of existing systems.
Electrician duties and responsibilities
- Assemble, test, install, and maintain appliances, equipment, and fixtures
- Determine the causes of system and equipment failures
- Advise the management team of critical systems that could be hazardous
- Using measurement tools test the continuity of circuits
- Draft blueprints that display the position and orientation of critical system components, wiring, and circuitry
- Connect power cables and equipment
- Install ground leads
- Test equipment and electric systems
- Perform manually taxing tasks, including digging ditches, lifting heavy equipment, and maintaining strenuous positions
Electrician requirements and qualifications
- Certified Practitioner’s License or other appropriate licensing
- X years of experience as an electrician or similar role
- Knowledge and experience of building construction, mathematics, security and mechanics
- Take responsibility, pay attention to safety procedures and legal regulations
- Knowledge and experience of appropriate building and fire safety codes
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- High School Diploma or other education requirement for the position type
Use this Electrician job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps