Nursing Supervisor job profile
Nursing Supervisor is a healthcare professional specialized in managing and supervising nursing team in order to create and maintain high level of patient care.
In order to attract Nursing Supervisor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Nursing Supervisor job description.
Nursing Supervisor job description
Are you an experienced Nursing Supervisor looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are a highly competent, dedicated and compassionate person who can lead by an example, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a qualified nursing supervisor to plan and implement our overall nursing policies, procedures, and services for a long-term care facility.
Nursing Supervisor duties and responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate nurse schedule
- Assign patients to nurses
- Ensure adherence to all relevant nursing standards
- Maintain quality assurance of nursing documentation and client records
- Create reports for senior management
- Ensure compliance with nursing policies and procedures
- Educate and train new nurses
- Evaluate nurses’ engagement and performance
- Inform patients' family members about medical procedures and doctors’ instructions
- Provide psychological and emotional support to patients and their family and friends
- Provide clinical expertise in the management of medical and psychiatric emergencies
Nursing Supervisor requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Nursing Supervisor for (x) year(s)
- BSc or diploma in nursing
- Any additional certification in healthcare administration will be considered an advantage
- Valid nursing license
- In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Great organizational and time management
- Problem solver with positive attitude
Use this Nursing Supervisor job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards