Director of Finance job description template
This Director of Finance job description template includes the list of most important Director of Finance's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Director of Finance job profile
Director of Finance are generally responsible for optimizing and maximizing the return of company's financial assets. Their duties include developing and implementing financial policies and procedures, reporting systems and methods as well as financial controls.
In order to attract Directors of Finance that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Director of Finance job description.
Director of Finance job description
We are looking for an ambitious and results-driven Director of Finance to join our core team! As a Director of Finance at our company, you will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing all the financial aspects of the business with the main goal of achieving company's financial objectives.
We are expecting you to have a strong knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles as this position is critical to our business success.
Director of Finance duties and responsibilities
- Plan, implement and manage the overall financial strategy
- Be aware of the company's financial position at all time
- Act in a timely manner if problems arise
- Constantly suggest ideas for improvement and process optimization
- Oversee and manage the company’s finance IT system
- Set targets for finance personnel
- Set up KPIs for financial performance
- Monitor and present KPI reports regularly
- Plan and manage all audit and internal control operations
- Develop fundraising strategy and build close relationships with partners and investors
- Do research and make forecasts
- Adhere to financial laws and guidelines
Director of Finance requirements
- Previous working experience as Director of Finance for (x) years
- MA in accounting, finance or similar relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of corporate financial operations
- Hands on experience with MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills