Custodian job description template
This Custodian description template includes the list of most important Custodian's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Custodian job profile
Custodians are generally responsible for picking up trash, taking out trash, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, making sure buildings are secure, cleaning windows and mirrors, and performing minor repairs.
In order to attract Custodian that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Custodian job description.
Custodian job description
We are looking for a reliable Custodian to join our team! As a Custodian at our company, you will be responsible for maintenance and cleaning our facilities.
Custodian duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and clean assigned rooms
- Take out trash and dust furniture and surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers
- Restock all the disposables such as soap and toilet paper
- Clean mirrors and windows
- Identify and execute minor repairs
- Report on maintenance and cleaning activities and needs
- Lock doors, close windows and set up the alarm
- Take care of disposals and hazardous materials
- Comply with all the safety and health rules and regulations
- X years of proven experience as custodian or similar role
- Experience with use of cleaning equipment and appliances
- Attention to detail
- Good physical stamina and strength
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills