CNC Operator job description template
This CNC Operator job description template includes the list of most important CNC Operator's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
CNC Operator job profile
CNC Operator is someone who operates computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to perform a variety of functions.
In order to attract a CNC Operator that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise CNC Operator job description.
CNC Operator job description
We are looking for an experienced and motivated CNC Operator to join our team! As a CNC Operator, you will be responsible for programming, setting up and overseeing operations of CNC machines.
CNC Operator duties and responsibilities
- Studying materials and specifications
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Translating instructions into computer commands
- Setting up and installing tools and attachments
- Calculating requirements
- Preparing and loading raw materials onto the machines
- Planning stock inventory and ordering parts
- Documenting actions
- Conducting machinery checking on a daily basis
- Following safety procedures and regulations
- Supervising the machines
CNC Operator requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Minimum of X years of experience as a CNC machine operator
- Strong computer skills
- Strong math skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly developed concentration and precision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
Looking for more job description templates?
Check out our job description templates library!