Sales Consultant job description template
This Sales Consultant job description template includes the list of most important Sales Consultant's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Sales Consultant job profile
Sales Consultants are responsible for developing, planning and implementing company's sales strategies. Usually, they are not company's employees, but they work as outside advisors.
They have multiple years of sales and sales strategy implementation.
In order to attract Sales Consultant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Sales Consultant job description.
Sales Consultant job description
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Sales Consultant implement, monitor and analyze our sales department performance and strategy and suggest solutions for improvement and optimization.
Sales Consultant duties and responsibilities
- Learn company's products and services offerings, features and pricing
- Set up sales department KPIs
- Communicate with clients to understand their sales goals and objectives
- Identify current sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Work with marketing team to ensure collaboration
- Monitor and report on KPIs regularly
- Stay up to date with the industry situation and benchmarks
- Stay up to date with the latest sales trends and best practices
- Attend educational seminars and conferences
- Create a motivational and healthy atmosphere for sales representatives
- Identify opportunities for product and service up-sell
- Identify opportunities for new client acquisition
- Monitor competition
- Find prospective customers and new target segments
Sales Consultant duties and requirements
- X years of experience as a Sales Consultant or similar role
- X years of experience in sales
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Understanding of sales process, preferably with customer service experience
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS in Business or relevant field
- Additional certification in training is a plus