Big Data Engineer job description template
This Big Data Engineer job description template includes the list of the most important Big Data Engineer's duties and responsibilities. This Big Data Engineer job description template is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use this Big Data Engineer job description template to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
Big Data Engineer description template
This Big Data Engineer job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
In order to attract Big Data Engineer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Big Data Engineer job description.
Big Data Engineer job profile
Big data engineers are responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating and testing big data solutions. In addition, they are generally involved in the design of big data solutions. This is because they are usually skilled and experienced with Hadoop[-]based technologies such as MapReduce, Hive, MongoDB or Cassandra
Big Data Engineer job description: Intro
Big Data Engineer job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to create solutions suitable for the job in a real-time, highly data-driven organization and make technical innovations happen. With a range of projects to develop data processing applications, you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge technology across all stages of the lifecycle.
Big Data Engineer job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Big Data Engineer job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for Hadoop development
- Implementation including loading from disparate data sets, preprocessing using Hive and Pig.
- Scope and deliver various Big Data solutions
- Ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Manage the technical communication between the survey vendor and internal systems
- Maintain the production systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Collaborate with other development and research teams
- Building a cloud based platform that allows easy development of new applications
Big Data Engineer job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Big Data Engineer job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as a Big Data Engineer or similar role
- X years experience programming and/or architecting a back end language (Java, J2EE, Core
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred)
- Experience with Java oriented technologies (JBoss, Spring, SpringMVC, Hibernate, REST/SOAP)
- Experience with non-relational & relational databases (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks
- Familiarity with various tools such as AWS, Mesos or Docker and an instinct for automation
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
How to use this Big Data Engineer job description template?
Use this Big Data Engineer job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.
Looking for more job descriptions beside Big Data Engineer job description?
Check out our job description library!