Digital Editor job description template
This Digital Editor job description template includes the list of most important Digital Editor's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Digital Editor job profile
Digital Editor are usually responsible for the content and images used on a website. Similarly to content editors, they plan, research, write copy and edit the content of a website.
In order to attract Digital Editor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Digital Editor job description.
Digital Editor job description
We are looking for a creative and passionate Digital Editor to research, plan, develop and implement our web content. As a Digital Editor your main goal will be to produce creative web content that attracts an audience.
Digital Editor duties and responsibilities
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content
- Build relationship with clients and establish collaboration with other team members
- Supervise layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork
- Regularly check and track content
- Proofread and edit material
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with professionals such as web designers, marketing executives and photographers to improve content strategy
- Adhere to SEO rules
- Use Social Media for better presence
- Adhere to copyright and privacy standards and company policies
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Track and analyse website’s traffic
- Produce and present reports
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
Digital Editor requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Digital Editor for (x) years
- Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills
- Available portfolio of published work
- In-depth knowledge of software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices
- Knowledge of Marketing and SEO tools
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- MA in journalism, communications or similar relevant field