Pediatrician job description template
This Pediatrician job description template includes the list of most important Pediatrician's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Pediatrician job profile
Pediatrician is a healthcare professional specialized in providing care and help to young patients' who are sick or injured.
In order to attract Pediatrician that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Pediatrician job description.
Pediatrician job description
Are you a qualified registered Pediatrician looking for an opportunity to advance your career, skills and care of your young patients?
If you are a compassionate individual with friendly personality always ready to go an extra mile to ensure your young patients' comfort and well being, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled Pediatrician to join our dynamic dream team of healthcare professional and provide the highest quality care by making critical decisions in leading on clinical issues within a chil-centered care model.
Pediatrician duties and responsibilities
- Examine newborns and young children and assess their physical condition and health
- Set diagnosis and suggest appropriate medical treatment and medication
- Prescribe medications and provide instructions for their administration
- Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests when needed
- Vaccinate patients for mumps, measles, and chickenpox
- Verify the receipt of vaccinations for school and other purposes
- Handle patients with a variety of medical ailments, including acne, gastrointestinal pain, or muscular dystrophy
- Counsel parents about therapies, vaccinations, and medication
- Advise parents on children's diet and exercise regime
- Treat children with growth and development concerns
- Ensure that children with special needs receive the appropriate classroom care
- Write authorizations for in school services of para-professionals and other aides
- Direct the activities of nurses, technicians, and other support staff
- Keep and update patients' records
- Keep abreast of new research and best practices in the field of pediatrics
- Attend professional educational seminars and conferences
Pediatrician requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Pediatrician for (x) year(s)
- A Medical Degree from an accredited university and licensing in the appropriate State
- Board of Pediatricians Certification
- Hands on experience working with a Critical Care Pediatric Unit
- In depth knowledge of procedures for working with the families of patients under the age of 18
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Compassionate and friendly personality
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task