DevOps Engineer job description template
This DevOps Engineer job description template includes the list of most important DevOps Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
DevOps Engineer job profile
DevOps engineers usually work closely with Software Engineers to help them deploy and operate different systems. In addition, they help to automate and streamline the company's operations and processes.
In order to attract DevOps Engineer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise DevOps Engineer job description.
DevOps Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. As our new DevOps Engineer, you will be in charge of the specification and documentation of the new project features. In addition, you will be developing new features and writing scripts for automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
DevOps Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Understand how various systems work
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
DevOps Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- X years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- X years of hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- X years of hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills