Janitor job profile
Janitor is the person responsible for performing general inspection, cleaning, and stocking supplies in all common areas inside and outside of assigned building/property.
In order to attract Janitor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Janitor job description.
Janitor job description
If you have a positive attitude and love cleaning, you may be interested in joining our team.
We are seeking a qualified, responsible, motivated and reliable full-time Janitor.
You will facilitate great work happening in our building by keeping all the spaces clean.
Janitor duties and responsibilities
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, and submit requests for replacement supplies
- Dust windows, door frames, shelves, baseboards, books and other stagnant items
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Clean product displays, clean windows, windowsills and doors
- Gather and empty trash
- Setup the appropriate signage to warn customers of wet floors and other hazardous situations
- Sanitize cleaning equipment after each shift
- Communicate with store owners about broken items and spoiled merchandise identified while cleaning
- Alert managers in case of damaged properties
- Open up and lock up the store before/after cleaning
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning and take initiative to complete the task
- Additional duties as requested by management
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, walking, stooping, handling and moving heavy objects
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, including procedures for sanitizing bathrooms
- Responsible problem solver
- Attention to details
- High school diploma
Use this Janitor job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Wait Staff
- Occupational Therapist
- MEAN Stack Developer
- Technical Account Manager
- Interior Designer
- Credit Analyst
- Network Manager
- Safety Coordinator
- Phyton Web Developer
- Product Designer
- .Net developer
- Public Relations Intern
- Software Engineer
- Leasing Consultant
- Legal Secretary
- Node.js Developer
- Line Cook
- Guest Relations Manager
- Physical Therapist
- Junior Accountant
- Sales Associate
- Maintenance Technician
- Customer Retention & Nurture Flow Specialists
Culture & People
How to Motivate High Performing Employees?
Recruitment Content for Every Step of Candidate Journey
Candidate Journey Mapping: Step-by-Step Guide
Why Some Employee Referral Programs Fail?