Janitor job description template
This Janitor job description template includes the list of most important Janitor's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Janitor job profile
Janitor is the person responsible for performing general inspection, cleaning, and stocking supplies in all common areas inside and outside of assigned building/property.
In order to attract Janitor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Janitor job description.
Janitor job description
If you have a positive attitude and love cleaning, you may be interested in joining our team.
We are seeking a qualified, responsible, motivated and reliable full-time Janitor.
You will facilitate great work happening in our building by keeping all the spaces clean.
Janitor duties and responsibilities
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, and submit requests for replacement supplies
- Dust windows, door frames, shelves, baseboards, books and other stagnant items
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Clean product displays, clean windows, windowsills and doors
- Gather and empty trash
- Setup the appropriate signage to warn customers of wet floors and other hazardous situations
- Sanitize cleaning equipment after each shift
- Communicate with store owners about broken items and spoiled merchandise identified while cleaning
- Alert managers in case of damaged properties
- Open up and lock up the store before/after cleaning
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning and take initiative to complete the task
- Additional duties as requested by management
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, walking, stooping, handling and moving heavy objects
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, including procedures for sanitizing bathrooms
- Responsible problem solver
- Attention to details
- High school diploma