Payroll Specialist job profile
Payroll Specialist is a human resources professional responsible for managing of the payroll process.
In order to attract Payroll Specialist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Payroll Specialist job description.
Payroll Specialist job description
Are you an aspiring, hard working Payroll Specialist looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking person looking for a job that combines competitive pay with good culture, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Specialist to join our Human resources dream team and help us upgrade our payroll process.
Payroll Specialist duties and responsibilities
- Collect information on working hours of each employee
- Determine the right payroll amount by calculating overtime, bonuses etc.
- Prepare payroll payments and ensure payroll funding is in place
- Ask for confirmation of suggested payments from senior management
- Handle and process and execute payments and paychecks
- Prepare and process statements of payment
- Prepare and execute taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Answer employees' questions about payroll
- Compile key operational payroll metrics & dashboards
- Prepare periodic payroll reconciliation and submit reports to the payroll manager for review
Payroll Specialist requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Payroll Specialist for (x) year(s)
- BSc/BA in accounting/business or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles and payroll best practices
- Hands on experience with relevant software (e.g. Kronos, Payforce) and databases
- Great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Payforce)
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Aptitude in problem-solving
Use this Payroll Specialist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Database Developer
- Supply Chain Engineer
- Purchasing Agent
- IT Director
- Hospitality Manager
- Office Manager
- Customer Retention & Nurture Flow Specialists
- Director of Operations
- Wait Staff
- Data Entry Clerk
- Store Manager
- Public Relations Intern
- MySQL Developer
- Digital Media Specialist
- Home Health Aide
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Area Manager
- Technical Writer
- Senior Accountant
- Legal Assistant
- Front-end Drupal Developer
Recruitment Marketing Tips: 11 Recruitment Content Ideas
Culture & People
How to Motivate High Performing Employees?
Recruitment Content for Every Step of Candidate Journey
Candidate Journey Mapping: Step-by-Step Guide