Dental Hygienist job description template
This Dental Hygienist job description template includes the list of most important Dental Hygienist's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Dental Hygienist job profile
Dental Hygienists are generally responsible for providing basic dental care tasks, mostly focused on keeping patients' teeth and gums clean. They usually work under supervision and management of a licensed dentist.
In order to attract Dental Hygienists that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Dental Hygienist job description.
Dental Hygienist job description
We are looking for a Dental Hygienist to join our team! As a Dental Hygienist at our clinic, you will mainly be responsible for taking care of our patients' dental hygiene, keeping their teeth and gum clean and healthy.
Dental Hygienist duties and responsibilities
- Using dental instruments
- Clean accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains from teeth and gums
- Examine for indications of oral cancer
- Noting and reviewing patient medical history
- Recording dental disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist
- Managing dental equipment
- Performing x-ray films
- Sterilizing and preparing dental instruments
- Providing health education and advice to patients
Dental Hygienist requirements
- Associate’s degree from an accredited Hygiene program
- State hygiene license
- Current CPR certificate
- Current on Hepatitis B vaccination
- Ability to administer local anesthetic agents
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable using computers for a variety of tasks