This Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description template includes the list of most important Chief Operating Officer (COO)'s duties and responsibilities. This Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description template is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use this Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description template to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Before we dig deeper into the COO job description, check out our new Guide for Recruiting C-level Professionals!
➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description
This Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
In order to attract the Chief Operating Officer (COO) that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description and COO responsibilities.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job profile
COOs are certainly crucial people at every company, and their work is important for business success. COO responsibilities include being second-in-command for the whole company and for the efficiency of the overall business.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description: Intro
Every Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our team! As Chief Operating Officer (COO) at our company, you will be responsible for overseeing the overall business operations strategy as this is crucial for our growth and success.
The COO is a crucial member of our senior management team, who reports only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In this position, you’ll have to manage and control diverse business operation and function, so we expect you to be a hardworking and inspiring leader.
If you, in addition, have great people skills, excellent business acumen, are self-driven and have an outstanding work ethics, we would love to hear from you!
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description should contain the following COO responsibilities:
- Design, plan and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for business growth and success
- Establish policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations and the work of executives
- Lead employees with an example
- Be a motivator for other employees
- Analyze and interpret data and metrics
- Create reports for the management
- Take the lead in expansion activities
- Maintain relationships with partners and vendors
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience as COO for (x) years
- MA in Business Administration or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of different business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Hands on experience in fundraising, strategic planning and business development
- Good knowledge of data analysis and KPIs
- Familiarity IT/Business infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving mindest
How to use this Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description template?
Looking for more job descriptions beside Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description?
Check out our job description library.
Use this Chief Operating Officer (COO) job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Chef de Partie
- Field Service Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Test Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Program Coordinator
- Video Specialist
- Security Manager
- Executive Chef
- Web Editor
- Linux Administrator
- Back-End Web Developer
- Forklift Operator
- Business Analyst
- Database Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Assistant Editor
- Restaurant Server
- Network Technician
- Call Center Manager
- Recruiting Coordinator
- Construction Worker
Boolean Search: A Simple Guide for Recruiters
Getting Executive Buy-in for Recruitment Software in 2019
Hiring Developers: Lessons From 112,000+ Coding Tests
Culture & People
How to Give Negative Feedback to Employees: 10 Best Techniques