Transcriptionist job description template
This Transcriptionist job description template includes the list of most important Transcriptionist 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Transcriptionist job profile
Transcriptionist is a professional who listens to audio recordings and converts them into written documents. Transcriptionists should have excellent typing and listening skills and be able to understand and transcribe different accents and dialects. They should be detail-oriented and have strong grammar and punctuation skills. Transcriptionists should also be able to work independently and meet deadlines. This is a specialized position that requires specific training and experience in transcription. In order to attract the best Transcriptionist that matches your needs, it is important to write a clear and precise Transcriptionist job description.
Transcriptionist job description
We are looking for a detail-oriented Transcriptionist who will be responsible for transcribing audio and video recordings into written documents. In this position, you will need to have excellent listening and typing skills, as well as a strong command of the English language. You will also be expected to work independently and manage your time effectively to meet strict deadlines.
Transcriptionist duties and responsibilities
- Transcribing audio and video recordings accurately and efficiently.
- Reviewing transcriptions for accuracy and clarity.
- Ensuring that transcriptions are formatted according to company standards.
- Researching and verifying names, terms, and other information as needed.
- Completing transcriptions within agreed-upon deadlines.
- Communicating with clients and team members as needed to clarify instructions or resolve issues.
- Maintaining confidentiality and security of all transcriptions and related materials.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
Transcriptionist requirements and qualifications
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy
- Ability to transcribe audio recordings with clarity and accuracy
- Proficient in using transcription software and equipment
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in transcription or related field preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comprehend and transcribe different accents and dialects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software