Machinist job profile
Machinist is a person who is responsible for operating machining tools to produce precision metal and plastic parts that meet precise specification, by setting up and operating of a wide variety of machine tool equipment.
In order to attract Machinist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Machinist job description.
Machinist job description
Are an experienced Machinist looking for an opportunity to improve your skills and advance your career?
If you are hardworking, well organized and responsible Machinist with an eye for details, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to work efficiently and effectively and exceed our customer’s quality and delivery requirements.
Machinist duties and responsibilities
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Comply with safety rules and regulations during course of duties
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Independently perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Comply with engine manuals, technical data and work instructions for all machining operation
Machinist qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Machinist for (x) year(s)
- Hands on experience with different manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- In depth knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma
Use this Machinist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- SQL Developer
- Digital Editor
- Security Guard
- Middleware Developer
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Audio Engineer
- Customer Intelligence Manager
- Property Manager
- Supply Chain Engineer
- Copywriter & Editorial Director
- Internal Auditor
- Network Manager
- Receiving Clerk
- General Practitioner
- Payroll Clerk
- Public Relations Manager (PR Manager)
- Software Architect
- Content Marketing Manager
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- IT Consultant
- Community Manager
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People
How Can Blind Hiring Improve Workforce Diversity?