Machinist job profile
Machinist is a person who is responsible for operating machining tools to produce precision metal and plastic parts that meet precise specification, by setting up and operating of a wide variety of machine tool equipment.
In order to attract Machinist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Machinist job description.
Machinist job description
Are an experienced Machinist looking for an opportunity to improve your skills and advance your career?
If you are hardworking, well organized and responsible Machinist with an eye for details, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to work efficiently and effectively and exceed our customer’s quality and delivery requirements.
Machinist duties and responsibilities
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Comply with safety rules and regulations during course of duties
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Independently perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Comply with engine manuals, technical data and work instructions for all machining operation
Machinist qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Machinist for (x) year(s)
- Hands on experience with different manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- In depth knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma
Use this Machinist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Scrum Master
- Vice President (VP) of Marketing
- Account Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Category Manager
- Social Media Coordinator
- Business Analyst
- Software Tester
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Medical Office Manager
- SQL Server DBA
- Call Center Supervisor
- Marketing Consultant
- Construction Worker
- Marketing Manager
- Office Coordinator
- TypeScript Developer
- Outbound Sales
- Systems Engineer
- Public Relations Assistant
- IT Technician
- Instructional Designer
- Respiratory Therapist
- Central Marketing Delivery Representative
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!