Petroleum Engineer job description template
This Petroleum Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Petroleum Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
Petroleum Engineer job profile
Petroleum Engineer is someone who designs methods to extract oil and gas from underground reservoirs.
In order to attract a Petroleum Engineer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Petroleum Engineer job description.
Petroleum Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Petroleum Engineer to join our team! As a Petroleum Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring oil and gas extraction operations.
Petroleum Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Researching new sources of oil and gas
- Analyzing geological data
- Designing and scheduling drilling activities
- Supervising drilling and extraction operations
- Ensuring that equipment functions and is operated properly
- Setting up and maintaining equipment
- Researching new methods of extraction
- Conducting drilling site tests and surveys
- Preparing technical reports
- Giving presentations to customers and managers
- Supervising technical staff
- Collaborating with other engineers and scientists
Petroleum Engineer requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of X years of experience as an engineer in the petroleum industry
- Professional engineering license
- Experience with drilling equipment
- Knowledge of extraction techniques
- Strong industrial knowledge
- Strong math skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work in remote locations
Looking for more job description templates?
Check out our job description templates library!