➡️ Before we start with the Product Owner job description, don't to download our Guide for Recruiting Tech Talent!
Product Owner job profile
Product Owner is an IT professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
In order to attract Product Owner that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Product Owner job description.
Product Owner job description
Are you an experienced Product Owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team environment in order to deliver best software solutions to our innovative and industry-leading products.
Product Owner duties and responsibilities
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Product Owner requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for [X] year(s)
- MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
Use this Product Owner job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Physician Assistant
- Customer Marketing Manager
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Dietary Aide
- Supply Chain Engineer
- Security Officer
- Process Engineer
- MEAN Stack Developer
- Customer Intelligence Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Physical Therapist
- Account Director
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Photo Editor
- Account Assistant
- Digital Marketing Executive
- General Practitioner
- Internal Auditor
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- HR Consultant
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People
How Can Blind Hiring Improve Workforce Diversity?