Bookkeeper job profile
Bookkeepers are generally responsible for developing and system to account for financial transactions. They do so by establishing charts of accounts and defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
In addition, they are responsible for maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions, as well as balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
In order to attract Bookkeeper that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Bookkeeper job description.
Bookkeeper job description
We are looking for an skilled bookkeeper to join our team! As a Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for recording all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Your job will include regular posting of information to accounting journals/software and reconciling accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Bookkeeper duties and responsibilities
- Record day to day financial transactions
- Complete the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, general ledger and other ledgers
- Complete all the tax forms
- Bring all the books to the trial balance stage
- Process accounts receivable/payable and accurately handle payroll in a timely manner
Bookkeeper requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Bookkeeper
- Good understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting and finance records
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Attention to detail and accurecy
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
Use this Bookkeeper job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Claims Examiner
- Insurance Agent
- Marketing Executive
- WordPress Developer
- Warehouse Associate
- Staffing Coordinator
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Social Media Strategist
- Swift Developer
- Web Analyst
- Restaurant Server
- Data Scientist
- CoffeeScript Developer
- Customer Service Representative
- Auto Mechanic
- Game Animator
- Credit Analyst
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Marketing Specialist
- Dental Hygienist
- Video Specialist
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People
How Can Blind Hiring Improve Workforce Diversity?