Back-end Developer job description template
This Back-end Developer job description template includes the list of most important Back-end Developer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Back-end Developer job profile
Back-end developers are usually responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers.
A back-end web developer is responsible for server-side web application logic as well as the integration of the front-end part.
In order to attract Back-end Developer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Back-end Developer job description.
Back-end Developer job description
We are looking for an experienced Back-end developer to join our IT team! As a Back-end Developer, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part.
If you have outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications, then you will love this job.
Back-end Developer duties and responsibilities
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in thew future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Learn about new technologies
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
Back-end Developer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of web development
- X years of experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Python
- X years of experience with CMS framework
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA degree in Computer Science or similar relevant field