Wait Staff job profile
Wait staff is usually responsible for the tasks such as taking orders, recommending dishes based on guests' tastes and preferences, delivering food to the tables, accepting payments as well as ensuring an outstanding guest experience at all times.
In order to attract Wait Staff that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Wait Staff job description.
Wait Staff job description
We are looking for a professional and friendly Wait Staff to join our team! Your main goal in this position should be to ensure the highest level of clients' satisfaction and provide an outstanding customer experience.
Wait Staff duties and responsibilities
- Welcome customers and lead them to their seats
- Introduce our menus and describe different dishes and drinks
- Make recommendations on specialties
- Take orders
- Deliver orders to the table in a timely manner
- Adhere to food, sanitary and safety standards
- Inspect the quality and looks of the dishes, making sure they uphold standards
- Identify and resolve any special requirements, wants and needs of customers
- Handle complaints
- Deliver checks and accept payment
- Collaborate closely with other staff members
Wait Staff requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a wait staff or similar role
- Knowledge of cash register and any ordering information system
- Customer oriented approach
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient problem solver
Use this Wait Staff job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps